Sunday 26 January 2014

Music, Wine and General Inappropriateness

This week, dear reader, I had the pleasure to attend two magnificent performances!


Wednesday night Patrick and I went to The God That Comes, a cabaret-style retelling of Euripides' The Bacchae. Furthermore, it is a one-man show performed by the incomparable Hawksley Workman. It was wonderfully dark, humorous, atmospheric, splendidly raunchy and brimming with wine! Every thespian's dream. (And if none of these things draw your interest, perhaps the notion of "harmonica cunnilingus" will.)
If you have the opportunity to see the show, I highly recommend you go! 

Then Friday night we attended The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra's Late Night Ravel. I had never been to the symphony before, so, naturally, I took the opportunity to dress in my finest! The performance itself was like nothing I've ever been to. To be enclosed in an enormous room entirely permeated by music was such a thrilling, yet peaceful, experience. 
If you live in the Edmonton area and are fond of music, you might be interested to know that the "Late Night" tickets are $29.00 for any seat in the house (though I imagine they fill up quickly). 

I also wanted to point out that Patrick won both pairs of tickets on Twitter, so if you see retweeting contests, enter them! They actually work!

Best to you on this chilly Sunday, dear readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment